Saturday, July 25, 2015

One Last Adventure with my First Geocaching Partner

At last, some successful geocaching escapades with my friend Liz, my first geocaching partner who accompanied me to my first find. Now she is moving to Scotland for a post-doc. Too bad, since she is great at geocaching and once even agreed to play a nerdy board game I made. Here is a record of our adventures:

"Hangman's Tree II"
GC5KF2E by exmachina
Location: Falls Church, VA 
Cache Type: Traditional

First, we revisited a geocaching location with an interesting history in my home town of Falls Church, VA. Alas, after a long time searching, still DNF...


"Henderson House"
GC3EFEQ by zgrav
Location: Falls Church, VA 
Cache Type: Traditional

This fun cache is at a historical site in Falls Church. I have passed by this house countless times, noticing the blue bike with a flower pot above the front wheel each time, but never thinking twice about it. Liz walked right up to the bike and found a huge bag of geoswag and a big logbook in an obvious hiding place.

I signed the logbook, added lots of geoswag and took only one item in return, bringing me back to my childhood:


"Box of Teeth"
GC339NA by exmachina
Location: Falls Church, VA 
Cache Type: Traditional

Next we found a cache in a lovely little park I had never been to before, the entrance to which is very close to the cache location we just came from.

Cache Location

Liz Being Stealthy

Inside the "Box of Teeth"...
there are a lot of shark teeth, now accompanied by my plastic deer & gorilla pen top

Papa Smurf on the loose...

Here are two more fun things we saw while walking around Falls Church on our geocaching adventures:
Outside of the Falls Church Community Center

On Way to "Box of Teeth" Cache Location 


No comments:

Post a Comment