Sunday, July 13, 2014

Wash National Cathedral

GC5C7F by pkpaul
Location: Washington, DC (Cathedral Heights)
Cache Type: Virtual

This was my first virtual cache, located at Washington National Cathedral. located West and just up the Cathedral Ave. hill from my neighborhood in Woodley Park. I often walk up to the Cathedral on Sunday mornings - when the bells are run through their full cycle I can hear them from my apartment and some bells are run every Sunday. This reminds me of the two times I lived in Zurich, Switzerland while writing up my dissertation. In Zurich the church bells sound every 15 minutes to tell the time.

Here are a few photos of the Cathedral (still undergoing a lot of work to repair the damage done by an earthquake a few years ago), adjoining Bishop's Garden, and Nature Walk behind the Cathedral:

Here is a video of the Cathedral with its bells sounding in the background:






No comments:

Post a Comment